1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Output of Ad-Aware

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by theMusicMan, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

I read in a post from a member that one should scan one's system every day with Ad-Aware, and remove everything it finds. This is the o/p from running the program on my system - should I check everything here? What is everything here?

Ta

John

Attached Files:

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

John
    First off you do not need to run AdAware everyday unless you feel more comfortable doing so.
    Now as far as cydoor and onflow.
    When you are in doubt about if you should remove through AdAware cancel the action and go to your control panel\Add-remove programs and see if there is an uninstall program available for removal there. Remove through add-remove first then rerun AdAware for the cleanup OP. Keep in mind if you remove items through AdAware the main program may not function correctly if the programmer made the spyware stuff intergal to running.
    Broderbund I would just remove using AdAware since that is probably with one of your greeting card programs that is polling for new versions and updates.
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice