1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Over 100 processes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DigitalFaer, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DigitalFaer

DigitalFaer Thread Starter

Hi, recently, i started to notice that my computer started slowing down. When i start up, i have 102 processes running. . Im pretty concerned right now. Is there anyway i can fix this?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Stop installing so many prograns that run at startup. Go to start > run and enter msconfig.

You can see all of the processes that are strating when Windows starts. What OS are you running 6GB of memory on? That memory won't do you any good unless you are running a 64bit OS

3. DigitalFaer

Honestly, I don't have many installed programs on startup. I click on the startup tab and it has 30 processes running on startup. Most of them aren't even mine, xept for like.. .5. The rest are from Lenovo, Realtek, etc.
    And yes, im running windows 7, 64bit.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Look at msconfig and look at the services and startup tabs. There will be even more there. All of those processes include services, anti-virus, spyware, Adobe, etc.

Not to mention the ones for 32 and 64 bit components.

5. DigitalFaer

In the services, there are TONS of microsoft services, 3 unknowns, and a few others. So im just asking at the moment, is there anyway to not have so many processes? My fans always running at max speed and half my memory is gone, even if its idle.

6. jakey8

jakey8 Banned

Make sure you hide ALL Microsoft services & uncheck anything you don't use anymore

7. Rockn

Rockn

Hiding the microsoft services does not make them not run. Look at the processes list and see whigh ones are using the most memory by sorting by the mem usage

8. DigitalFaer

I did. Seeing the rest is Lenovo, Intel, Malwarebytes, i don't think i CAN uncheck anything else.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004842