Over 536 Memtest errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Likeatalltree

I was suspicous of ram issues with my computer shutting down and games not working like they used to. I ran memtest 86 and before it was 35% done, i had over 500 errors. Is it time to get new ram or is there anyway to fix this?

Likeatalltree

bahh i knew it. thanks. what causes errors? the ram is only 6 months old. I think i need more than what i had.

Most people are fine with 1gb of ram (2 for vista). Your memory may have a lifetime warranty, so check that out. You won't be able to fix memory errors and that number means that the ram is no good. How many sticks do you have? If its more than 1, then run the test for each stick, just take the others out for the test.

Likeatalltree

Yeah I found the bad stick but now I have to wait till christmas to get more ram. thanks dude.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts