1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Over 536 Memtest errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Likeatalltree, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

I was suspicous of ram issues with my computer shutting down and games not working like they used to. I ran memtest 86 and before it was 35% done, i had over 500 errors. Is it time to get new ram or is there anyway to fix this?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Time to get new ram.

3. Likeatalltree

bahh i knew it. thanks. what causes errors? the ram is only 6 months old. I think i need more than what i had.

4. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Most people are fine with 1gb of ram (2 for vista). Your memory may have a lifetime warranty, so check that out. You won't be able to fix memory errors and that number means that the ram is no good. How many sticks do you have? If its more than 1, then run the test for each stick, just take the others out for the test.

5. Likeatalltree

Yeah I found the bad stick but now I have to wait till christmas to get more ram. thanks dude.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice