Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclock AMD Athlon x2 7750 Black Edition

Solved 
1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Nutech12 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

As you can see my CPU is on the older side. It still runs good, but I'd like to see if I can get a bit more speed out of it, without it crashing.

Any advise? Software I can use to do this?

My system is listed on the attached file.

I also ran this using CPU-Z ID Bench: https://valid.x86.fr/v0vmqi

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We need more information about your computer, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
here u go:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 7935 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (522 GB Free); F: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3N78-VM
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

#4 ·
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Your very old computer has a very weak processor and graphic device and was never designed to run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

One thing that might help speed it up is to get rid of Avast Antivirus and stick with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app.

Its hard drive has about 408 GB of used space, so it has a lot of stored personal data or has a lot of installed apps or both.

------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
Thx,

AVAST seemed to have presented itself along with a Adobe Flash update. I don;t usually use AV s/w. I'll ditch it 4 sure.

I've just performed a Custom install of Win 10, had my 10 and 12 year old grandsons on my PC last summer, not sure the stuff that came along with all the video games they installed, but it was running terribly after they had their fun. Since the reinstall of the OS it starts up nice and the desktop doesn't take ages to load as is did post summer fun! Prior to this the PC ran just fine.

I'm running AutoCAD 2017 / Bluebeam Revu, My $15 MS Office, bought with the Home User Program a cpl years ago was taken when the Custom install occurred. Unfortunately Im no longer with that company! So I'm struggling with Apache Open office, which I really don;t like.

Anyways, thx for your time.

#7 ·
I would really give up on the idea of overclocking. Your motherboard was a budget board when released ie it is designed for basic use NOT overclocking and or gaming. Honestly the best advise would be to get rid of windows 10 and go with a linux distro designed for old hardware. This is going to give you the most "speed" out of the system. Something like lubuntu is designed for old hardware and or netbooks.
https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=lubuntu

#8 ·
LibreOffice installed.
Thanks.

#9 ·
@crjdriver thanks for the suggestion. It will take time for me to become familiar with a new OS especially after all these years using MS. Then using this at home at my office, when I go to another office / PC I'll prob end up by forgetting MS Win! Age is not on my side! lol

#10 ·
Removed LibreOffice, seems like a good s/w. seemed to take its time opening / closing word docs.

Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.