1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overclock integrated graphics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silvershield, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silvershield

silvershield Thread Starter

I was wondering if it is possible to overclock integrated graphics... i have a second computer that i want to play some of my games on... specs: 80 GB hdd, winxp home SP2, intel extreme graphics 82845G 64mb, 512mb ram 2.6 ghz.

2. timothye

timothye

not to discourage you . but over clocking isnt really good for components . especially INTERGRATED .. i dont know if it is possible . but your way out isnt very expensive and will give much pleasure ..
    www.newegg.com USA
    www.webhallen.com sweden .
    cheers

3. WarC

WarC

As far as I know, since the integrated graphics are on the north bridge chip on the motherboard the only way to overclock it would be to raise the FSB in the BIOS, if possible with your board. The performance increase wouldn't be noticeable, though - the system would become unstable on stock cooling before you reached an overclock that would be noticeable.

Integrated graphics cards are poor performers for gaming, your best bet to get that machine running games decently is to buy a mid-range card thats a generation or two old (Like a Geforce FX 5600 or Radeon 9600) ...This will still give you much better performance compared to integrated graphics and the cost will be far less than the current generation of graphics cards.

4. Derrick

Derrick

Yeah I go with WarcC on this one ! It wouldn't be worth overclocking the onboard graphic's.

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

Overclocking won't make something that's too slow suddenly become acceptable, unless it's a Celeron 300A ;)

6. Derrick

Derrick

yeah those celey's were great! (y)

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could overclock your Intel graphics to the moon and they would still suck.

8. timothye

timothye

as i stated before .. buy a decent graphics card... they arent that much .. ATI 9600 256 MB .. about 100.00 USD ..
    that isnt alot of cash .

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/369334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice