1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclock on i5-4690K

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohnO28356, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

I haven't done any overclocking in the past, but have been fooling around with it today.

I have this i5-4690k at 4.3mhz, voltage is 1.26 Idle at 26c with an H110 cooler. Just wondering if this is OK, I'd like to leave it here.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No one can tell you it's OK, each system will react differently and have different limits.

What you need to do is some stress testing and monitor the temps. Idle temps are fine, but you need to see temps at load and test at load for stability.

4. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

Been ruinning FSXfor about 3 hours and the highest temp I saw was 61c.

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

Prime95 for at least 6 hours (overclocking gurus will stand firm on the 24 hour rule) or it ain't considered "stable".

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    61 isn't bad at all. Sounds like it's going to be fine at that speed, run Prime95 for a while longer if you want.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice