1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking: 7950 GT KO

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jscuzza, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

Hello everybody.

I decided I wanted to overclock my 7950 GT. I have 5 Fans in my case and the air flow is pretty damn good. The average temp while playing games is about 30C. I just wanted to know how I would go about overclocking this sucker.

I have never OCd before, but I have wanted to try for a good while.

2. dts73

dts73

Hiya Jscuzza,

Why do you want to OC? I don't mean to sound rude or anything but it could prove pretty destructive mate if used badly.

3. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I just want to know how to do it, whether or not I do so is up to me. I would like to have the knowledge as how to do it.

Plus if this card blows up I have extra parts, and I can just replace it with a spare, then buy a 8800 GS

4. dts73

dts73

Hey that's cool. Knowledge is power after all.(y)

Right I'm guessing that you don't still have the software/driver disk that came with card. If you do there is OC software included on the disk. If not goto the cards manufacturer and download the relevant software for your card. It should include OC software.
    But be careful with overclocking anything. And remember, when it comes to customer returns. If there Tech Dept finds that the chipset has been stressed in anyway, ie overclocked, then you are out of warranty.

Only OC if you REALLY feel the need to..Take this as a warning(y)

5. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I keep everything that has to do with computers haha. I still have CDs from my old computer from 2003

I am not afraid of breaking anything, I have a good system, and I don't wanna overclock it MASSIVELY, I just want to get a lil more performance out of the card.

Thanks

=)

6. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I just checked and there is nothing on the CD for this. I also checked their website, it said they do not support this due to the fact it Voids the warrenty. They also said I should go to a dedicated nVidia chipset gaming site.

Anyone know of any?

7. dts73

dts73

Fine and all. But do you still have the driver disks for your current graphics card?

If so. Then there will be software on the disk that will allow you to OC somewhat. But not in a big way. You already know that though..

The next step is to use a Third party software like Rivatuner..But You probably know...

And next is messing with your BIOS settings.. But you probably know that too....

So it's upto You.

Be a little more respectful or buy a PC mag.

8. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

What was up with that last response?? Are you telling me to be respectful....?

haha

9. dts73

dts73

Sorry mucker My fault I missed a smiley off...:eek: ...

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just use coolbits. All of the nvidia reference drivers have the ability to overclock; coolbits allows those settings to be shown.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice