1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overclocking a cusl2-c with a p3 933mhz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rallyben, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rallyben

rallyben Thread Starter

I was wondering how to overclock my mobo and I'm not quite sure what settings to put it at. I really don't want to get the cpu too hot b/c it only has the factory heatsink and fan. I want to get it around like 1.2 or 1.3 ghz. thanks

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

the factory heatsink and fan are actually pretty good. check tom's hardware guide, and it shows the fan that comes boxed with the pIII is a good one.
    I have the same cpu, and I'd like to know the results, so keep posting and keep me updated...

3. brianF

brianF

could be a problem, that processor already uses a 133mhz front side bus, being that the multiplier is locked internally the only way to overclock it is by increasing the front side bus speed.
    This will be very dependent on the type and quality of memory you have and the fan/heatsink efficency.
    I think I would shy away from trying to overclock that processor, even getting it to 1 gig could be a challenge

4. rallyben

rallyben Thread Starter

well I have like 384mb of pc 133 ram and the bios looks like it is quite easy to change the speed.

5. WarC

WarC

Biggest issue here is heat. Your lucky, because as said before the stock heatsink/fan is pretty good, and Pentiums of that class run alot cooler than, say, an AMD of the same speed.

That said, you won't see 1.2 or 1.3GHz. No way. However, you should safely hit 1GHz. Be sure to test the stability, though. Find a simple benchmark program, and run it for 24hrs after overclocking your processor. If it anytime it crashes, set the speed back to normal. No processor is exactly alike, and each will respond differently to being overclocked.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice