1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking AMD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ecko69x, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

I just bought GTA 4, but my CPU speed is 0.4 GHZ less than the minimum (per say by Wiki).

How would I be able to overclock my processor? Is 0.4ghz a bit leap?

This is my processor:
    Athlon64 X2
    3800+ / 2.0 Ghz

2. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

Bump.

3. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

You may be just fine running it as is. I suggest trying it out first. However, you would need to check the BIOS to see if you can overclock it. Some motherboards have a bios that simply doesnt allow you to overclock. HP and Dell used to be like this, and likely still are.

Search google for overclocking guides, tips, help, or anything you can find relating to your processor.

Although someone else here may be able to tell you exactly what to do and how with enough information on your system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/792737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice