1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking Athlon64 3000+

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by naveen_venayak, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naveen_venayak

naveen_venayak Thread Starter

Hey, I just a got a new Athlon64 3000+ and was wondering what i could overclock it to these are my current sys specs and i downloaded a copy of clockgen, but wasn't sure what safe values were so i didn't change any.
    Asus K8V SE
    Athlon64 3000+
    512MB PC3200 DDR Ram
    Axio case
    450W Powersupply
    ATI/Sapphire 9600 Pro
    DVD+/- RW

2. winbob

winbob

Skivvywaver,

"Hey, I JUST GOT a new Athlon64 3000+ and was wondering what i could overclock it to these are my current sys specs and i downloaded a copy of clockgen, but WASN'T SURE WHAT SAFE VALUES WERE were so i didn't change any."

Aaaaaargh!!!! It drives me crazy. :^O

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Winbob, I don't know much about athlon 64's but isn't the FSB set on the chip instead of in the bios? If it is it definitely cuts down on any OC options you would have. I have read about them on newegg and the thing that bothered me the most about what I read is FSB on chip. If that is the case I can't see anyway to OC the thing unless you can maybe up the multiplier?? Like I said I haven't had one to play with yet so I don't know. I am going to look into it.:)

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-3200_14.html
    This gives some details. I guess you can raise the frequencies. Just not allot. From what I have read you get what you get with a 64, but that is not a bad thing because these processors are fast out of the box. I am going to have to get one to play with when I upgrade.

5. winbob

winbob

Skivvy,

My Post...#2...was a quote from #1, not a statement on my part. Read #2 again.

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Hehe, Must have been tired.:) Or lazy:) Or both last night.:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice