Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocking celeron633

921 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  McTimson 
#1 ·
cant find detailed instructions any where on how to raise the bus speed of a celeron 633, or any other things to do to overclock. the places i found tell what improvements they made but i dont know a huge amount about the electronic aspec of this im more of a programmer. so maybe someone can tell me how exactly to do them. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!

#5 ·
Now all you need to do is to increase it , in small steps, and try it out.
I.E... right now the front side bus should be at 66 Mhz. What you need to is to make it 70 Mhz ( change it in BIOS ) , save the settings ( BIOS wise ) and restart. Try and boot in windows and see if you encounter any problems ( i.e , freezes, reboots out of the blue, crashes..). If no problems , then restart get into BIOS again and change the front side bus to 75 Mhz and again try windows. Still not a problem , go ahead and try 83 Mhz. Still not problems, great.
Now if your BIOS support it , might wanna try 100 Mhz Front Side bus. BUT, to be able to get it will need RAM which will support 100 Mhz. So if your current RAM only supports 66 Mhz, then 100 Mhz , probably will be out of reach.
Another way to try and overclock is by using H.ODA SoftFSB program ( available here http://www.geocities.com/enigmadeadsouls/softfsb.html ) download version 1.7 ( as far as i know, there should be a version 2 but not quite sure ) which is the last version. Just be aware that it can mess up windows , so like usual, before doing anything backup your data.
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.