1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking e6600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avengeda7x, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. avengeda7x

avengeda7x Thread Starter

Hey guys, have never overclocked im my life =]
    was just wondering if i could have some step, by step instructions into over clocking my e6600 at stock 2.4 :) like what to change at what to change it to =]

my system is as follows.. asus striker extreme, e6600, 2G corsair xms2 DHX ram, 2x BFG 8600gts oc and i have a thermaltake liquid cooled case, just for them darn temps l0l

so what do i change and what to, im not looking to break any records, just want to reach around 3-3.2GHz

thanks guys :D

2. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Why? You have a decent system. Is it just for bragging rights or to know how fast your pc will go?
    You can find millions of pages on google if you look, even step by step guides for certain hardware layouts.

3. avengeda7x

Hmm yeah the operative word there "decent" lol
    i just dont like the idea of it being at stock values, if you know what i mean, i paid 150Quid for my cpu and with overclocking i could get the performance of a 250 cpu, get me..? lol
    want to get the best for my system, that wyh i bought the striker extreme mobo for overclocking

4. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Like I said, google is your friend and you can find out everything you want, but why did you settle for 8600's.

5. avengeda7x

ERm as i do not play games very often, got my 2 8600 just to be on the safe side, do like the look of crysis though =]

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice