Overclocking E7200 on DK P35 T2RS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sampson2269

I have the DK P35 T2RS and i am trying to overclock my intel e7200 on it to at least 3.5ghz or so. Can someone give me some tips on how to achieve this overclock on this motherboard.

System Specs

Motherboard - DFI DK P35 T2RS
Memory - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098
Video Card - x1900xtx
Power Supply - Pc Power And Cooling Silencer 750w
Hard Drive - Raptor 150
Processor - E7200 Wolfdale
Case - Antec Twelve Hundred
Heatsink - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003

The links don't work. Go to the sites, and copy the addresses from there, not from posts on this forum.

Okay, to the subject. There is no guarantee that a CPU will overclock to a certain speed, not even with all the cooling in the world. You will just have to do the basic procedure. Put it up a notch, do a half an hour stability test( e.g. prime95 torture test, system load 100%), if it stays stable, put up another little notch, repeat until unstability noticed, then either pull back, or if you want to take an extra risk, raise voltages...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online