Overclocking failed and now games freezing

shaviorharuki

I was testing my overclocks for my 1050, I followed the safe procedures by going little by little and then I hit the limit. My PC froze and then I restarted the PC, but after that my gaming experience is just ruined from then on.

Games like Genshin Impact, CS:GO, osu! was freezing occasionally but it wasn't like my FPS was dropping. But weirdly enough, Roblox doesn't have those issues. When the freezing happens, sometimes my audio mutes for a bit then comes back after it unfreezes. I've tried reinstalling Windows, cleaning my GPU drivers with DDU and underclocking my 1050 but nothing has worked. I've not touched anything in the BIOS too.

====================
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20211016105044.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10105F CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Hard Drives: B: 0 GB (0 GB Free); C: 73 GB (26 GB Free); D: 465 GB (104 GB Free); G: 465 GB (98 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H410M H V3, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
====================

crjdriver

I followed the safe procedures by going little by little
The is NO safe overclock. All overclocking entails some degree of risk. I have a rule "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"

It sounds like you have already done the necessary troubleshooting however I do not see where you physically removed the card, cleaned the contacts and reinstalled. If you have not done this task, I would do so. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the card.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hard Drives: B: 0 GB (0 GB Free); C: 73 GB (26 GB Free); D: 465 GB (104 GB Free); G: 465 GB (98 GB Free)
Can you provide a description and capacity of these storage drives?
Which ones are internal and external?
:unsure:

-------------------------------------------------

shaviorharuki

Can you provide a description and capacity of these storage drives?
Which ones are internal and external?
:unsure:

-------------------------------------------------
B drive is an online Google Drive, both C and D is SSD and HDD.

shaviorharuki

The is NO safe overclock. All overclocking entails some degree of risk. I have a rule "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"

It sounds like you have already done the necessary troubleshooting however I do not see where you physically removed the card, cleaned the contacts and reinstalled. If you have not done this task, I would do so. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the card.
Alright I'll remove the card and report back on the results.

shaviorharuki

So far, it has not frozen as much but it is still there. Also, the audio keeps cutting off still.

crjdriver

Try the card in another system. If it still has problems, you know the card is failing.

crjdriver

Anything is fixable however it becomes a question of cost effectiveness. A 5yr old video card is not really worth putting much money into repairing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online