1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overclocking failed or overvoltage failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sepala, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

First My computer specs are

Intel(R) pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200
    2.20 GHz
    2 GB RAM

Mother Board is Asus P5GC - MX/1333

Now, I turn on my computer today and it booted up. Not like earlier, it was really slow, it took loads of time to react to the Right Click > Refresh too. So I restarted it. Computer restarted, but the following message came

overclocking failed or overvoltage failed

Then it got some options, F2 to load default settings and F1 to reset settings or something. I did F1. In the very first screen, I think all the options are set to 'Device not found' or something. However, I changed to the tab where I can change the boot priority, and saw floppy disk is NO 1 ! I changed NO 1 to CD/DVD and NO 2 hard disk.

Then I restarted and it came OK.

However, after that shutdown it, tried to start again after few minutes. There was nothing ! Just a black screen. No even that 'beep' sound (that's the sound which confirms POST is OK right? ), and ASUS logo also didn't come!

I shutdown the PC again and removed the cover, removed the RAM and placed it back, and rebooted. That time it worked but again the error message. I gave F2. Then worked.

Then whenever I do a restart, it comes to the complete black screen without even that 'beep' sound and startup display with ASUS logo. When I do a complete shutdown and boot again, it comes to the message, after dealing with F2, windows loads.

Apart from those, I monitored the following

1. There was a kind of problem in my Power Up switch for some time (I don't know whether it is actually the switch anyway), Which means, sometimes I have to hold the button for few seconds, to make the computer power up.

2. Today, after this issue, when I hold the power button for the shutdown, sometimes it didn't work. Then I release the button and click it again, OOPS, machine restarts.

I need answers for following questions.

1. What is the reason for this problem?
    2. How can I fix it?
    3. Can I work with my machine? ( Yes without restarting; if restarted it will end up with complete black screen, without even a 'beep' sound and ASUS logo).

2. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hello?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice