1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OverClocking G. Skill W/ i7K

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jwv13, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

Hey Guys,
    Just purchased G. Skill Ripjaws Series (2 X 4 GB ) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800. )

Out of curiosity, anyone else have this memory and have you had any luck overclocking. My specs are Asus Maximus III Formula, Intel Core i7 875K ( Cooler Master V8), Radeon HD 5770, and OCZ 700 PSU.

The reason I'm asking is the price was so low ($99.00 promotion, $120 regular). I'm thing about going ahead and ordering a second set but wanted to make sure I'm getting a good deal!

Thanks, John;)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Never used g.skill however it is listed on the qvl list at asus so it should work ok. Remember no overclock is guaranteed; you may or may not get a little more spd out of the memory. Do check the required vdimm [ram voltage] and set that value in the bios since it will probably default to 1.5V and that memory will most likely need a higher vdimm.

Make sure after any overclock, you test for stability. An overclock that is not prime95 stable is worthless.

3. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

I appreciate the reply!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice