1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking help....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paulb100, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

need help with Overclocking... the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L iG31 Socket 775 with a Intel E4500 2.2Ghz Core2Duo
    the mobo supports in BIOS but when i enabled it as to be able to change bus frequency it had warning lights flashing saying Voltages not set !!!!

it appears that ive got to manually change the voltages but I dont know which ones and what too?
    the FSB is 200Mhz and multiplier is 11x

Its a HIPER 425w PSU and has:
    Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L iG31 Socket 775 motherboard
    2.2Ghz Core2Duo E4500
    2Gb RAM
    1 DVD Ram drive
    1 IDE hard drive
    1 PCI-E nVidia 8600GT (draws power from motherboard)

ive read many others on ebuyer reviews saying theyve overclocked to 3Ghz with stock HSF with no problems.. this is what Im looking at getting...
    also I would like to overclock the 8600GT as it has the options to...

any help greatly appreciated

THANKS

2. Kenny Gates

Kenny Gates

with overclocking its not only the fsb and/or multiplier you have to change, you have to increase the voltage to support the higher frequency.

i highly suggest you look up a bit about overclocking before you screw your pc up =]

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

yeah, i know, thats why iam asking for advice...

4. spakkker

spakkker

Hi , you have to set voltage to auto and that message will go. You need bios f3 and that will let you adjust mem ratio to 2.66 so your mem isn't o/c too much. So far I can get e1200 to 2.8 -350fsb- but no higher. Any help anyone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice