1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking my card help..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PEP, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PEP

PEP Banned Thread Starter

I have a BFG Geforce 6800 GS AGP 4x/8x(4x for me) thats been pre overclocked already.. but i wanna do it more..

I was able to unlock the extra vertex sahder.. but with the pixel pipelines i get purple things on spots wheres theres light......

anyways i was wondering if anyone from experience or professionalism knows how far i can overclock the card... whether its just 3D performance and 2D perforamce (and something called low power 3d??) or just the type of overclock that doesnt separate them....

some numbers would be appreciated :)

I should also mention... i use rivatuner to overclock... i dont know how to check my default clock setting so someone will ahve to tell me...

the default overclock that rivatuner gives me is 201/599...

Also i need help with the fanning... how high should i set the percentage for fanning?? for whatever you might recommend to overclock...

i hope i gave enough information :)

2. PEP

guess noone here has a 6800 gs?

3. PEP

bump...

4. PEP

bump

5. PEP

say.. whats the recommende temp tahts good for an overclock and not too high?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice