Overclocking my Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antares

Can anyone give a hand on overclocking my CPU or FBS or both? I really don't know the first thing about overclocking and I'll be glad if someone could.

Antares

If those are your system specs below you won't be able to do much with it. I am sure your FSB will only support 100 and 133MHz.

Just checked and it looks like it's only 66 or 100MHz

You don't overclock the bus itself when you are overclocking...you are overclocking the CPU by changing the multiplier. Yours is set at either 4 to 1 if your FSB is 100MHz or if it is at 66MHz the multiplier is at 6 to 1

antares

I think that this will shade some light on this subject. I download this program that tells everything about my CPU, take a look:

Attachments

Not really worried about your CPU, I am more interested as to whether or not your motherboard even allows for overclocking. You could try to bumb the multiplier up in 1/2 MHz increments to see if it will even boot and go from there. The worst you can do is fry your CPU.

First thing you have to do is find out if it's even an option in your bios to change either your multiplier or your fsb. If not, then check to see if there are jumpers on your motherboard that allow it.

I'm not really familiar with your system but if you are really serious about overclocking, I suggest you visit the forum section of www.overclockers.com and head straight to the Intel section.

antares

Originally posted by max 8:
First thing you have to do is find out if it's even an option in your bios to change either your multiplier or your fsb. If not, then check to see if there are jumpers on your motherboard that allow it.
I'm new at this overclocking business and I don't how to find out these things. Is there any place that gives hard time details that gives it step-by-step? Otherwise, I will look over in the forum and see if I can find something. Thanks for your response.

Antares

Originally posted by antares:
I'm new at this overclocking business and I don't how to find out these things. Is there any place that gives hard time details that gives it step-by-step? Otherwise, I will look over in the forum and see if I can find something. Thanks for your response.

Antares
I did suggest in my 2nd paragragh to go to the forum section of overclocker.com.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online