1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking My PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaymie1989, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jaymie1989

Jaymie1989 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have got this new motherboard MSI motherboard K9N Neo–F V3 and an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.20 GH'z

How can i overclock my computer?
    And how much should i overclock it by?

I have searched on google but there isnt any relevent website i can find about it

2. Jones

Jones

Overclocking your PC is something many enthusiasts do to gain a 'free' performance boost. I've done it on mine several times and have been very pleased with the results. That being said, overclocking is not for everyone, and certainly not for every machine. To be a successful overclocker you need to be patient, and realistic. Don't expect to get Crysis to play at 100fps with a 5 year old video card, because it ain't gonna happen. :)

Here are a couple of basic links to get you started on the understanding of how it works, and what is possible.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/pages/overclock_faq/

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/newbie-oc-guide.html

Here are a few rules-of-thumb I tend to stick by:

1 - Heat is the enemy - make sure you have good cooling in your PC
    2 - Baby steps - increase the clocks a little bit at a time and TEST them before going any further
    3 - One thing at a time - only alter one setting at a time, so if something goes wrong, you know the last thing you did
    4 - Hope for the best, but don't expect it - All hardware has it's limitations, and every piece will yield different results. Don't be disappointed if you end up with 10mhz less than the guy next door, and don't be too surprised if you get 50mhz more. :)

Hope this helps!

3. Jaymie1989

Thanks Jones,

It was very helpful.

Im having a hard time trying to find the FSB on my BIOS, I have looked but i cannot find it unless im not looking in the right place.

I know my MoBo enables me to do it. Any ideas what it would be under?

4. Jaymie1989

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice