1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grease, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grease

Grease Thread Starter

I want to overclock my processor. But i'm not able to. My configuration

AMD athlon XP 2600+ (Barton Core) Running at 1.91 GHz (Max 2.2 Ghz)
    ASUS A7N8X-VM/400
    AMI Bios

There is no option to increase FSB etc. in the Bios so that i can Increase cpu speed.

So i used Clock generater to overclock. but when i Cross 2.2 Ghz System restarts. The Temperature was normal.
    How can i rectify this.

Please Help :

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

You have the option to up the FSB. It is called CPU external frequency and is under advanced chipset options. You'll have to set it to menu and then you will have access.

Remember, when you jump your FSB you will have to lower your multiplier or you will get a no boot causing you to reset the CMOS jumper.

Try it as close to stock as possible with the raised FSB. Use the windows calculator and you'll get close. I always use the calculator when I am messing with my settings. It is one of the cool things microsoft gives you.

Once you get it to boot with the higher FSB, you can then mess with your multiplier.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Also when you overclock the FSB you not only overclock the CPU but the memory as well. So if your memory is only PC2700(333Mhz) then you're stressing it as well and in many cases it gives out before the CPU does. In the BIOS you should have the option to set the CPU and Memory frequencies at different speeds if it happens your RAM can't go up to 400Mhz or beyond.

Also are you using the integrated video on the motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice