1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking with ROG Connect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doctorzeus, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorzeus

doctorzeus Thread Starter

Ok now before anyone asks I did read the overclocking guide at the top of this forum,

I have an Asus Maximus III Formula Motherboard which as some may know has a feature that allows you to connect a notebook or other pc up via a USB cable and directly monitor the HW from the other PC. The motherboard as I understand it is also specially built for Overclocking as this feature also allows you to tweak the voltages using ROG Connect:#

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/mainboard/asus-crosshair-iv-890fx-rc-tweakit.jpg

My CPU is a Intel I7 870 which interstingly enough actually comes with a piece of software from Intel that allows you to overclock it to 3.4GHZ without voiding the warranty or anything...

It is a real possibility I will be Overclocking in the near future(however I have not found the need to yet) and my question is this, would I be better with Overclocking with ROG connect or the Software that comes with the CPU or a bit of both?

Just FYI I am new to overclocking...

Thanks

Doctorzeus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice