1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Narcon, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Narcon

Narcon Thread Starter

I am running a PIII 733mhz. I would like to know if I can overclock to 800mhz.? Can it kill the computer or is it all a myth? Do I change it in cmos? Any and all info regarding this subject would be appreciated. :)

2. brianF

brianF

The 733 ran on a 133mhz bus by defualt, unless you have exceptional memory and cooling I wouldn't bother

3. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

We pumped them in the past to around 900mhz and stayed stable with quality memory and good cooling. I think the fsb was around 150 and the voltage at 1.85 but I'm not sure. Here's some reading for you:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread/t-222.html

You might want to do a Google search...............

4. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Who is the manufacturer?
    Did you build the computer yourself, and if so...what motherboard did you use?
    It could be done in bios, or you may need to move your physical jumpers on the motherboard.
    If you search google you could find out what other people have done with the system (if it is a Dell, Gateway, etc.).
    Tell us and we'll find out

5. darkjedi

darkjedi

I'm interested to find out how to overclock a cpu ,can someone explain the basic concepts behind overclocking and what to do ?I'll might do it in the future but for now I'm just intersted in the general procedure

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes overclocking can permanently damage parts. Most of the time all that is required is clearing cmos, however on some occasions you can damage components.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice