1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redcash, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

I have a Semrpon 3300+. It runs at 2.0 ghz. I was wondering about overclocking it. How exactly do I do this? What are the risks in overclocking a processor? How do I prevent these risks?

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

If you decide to do it, despite the dangers....

First learn how to reset your BIOS without booting into the BIOS.

And go slow, you don't want to melt everything all at once do ya?

4. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

What exactly can happen? How much should I take it up and how do I increase it in Bios?

5. maxibhoy

maxibhoy

I noticed this is a double post as i posted in your other thread so i think if there are any mods about one of them will close one of your threads as duplicate threads are not allowed. Anyway to your question. What motherboard do you have? I can give you a simple guide to overclocking your sempron if you like but you'll first need to tell me what board it's running on and if your bios will allow overclocking at all which it might not. Is this a custom built pc or is it a make like hp/dell?

6. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

It is kind of custom built. I scrapped a few parts out of my other computers. It has a
    FIC K8M-800
    Sempron 3300+

The motherboard came out of an emachine. It was one of those two hundred dollard christmas specials. I bought just for windows, ram, and the motherboard.

7. cmw2010

cmw2010

The problem is going to be the motherboard. They have a custom bios that wil not have any way to change the settings needed to overclock.

8. maxibhoy

maxibhoy

Yeah you just beat me to that there. There's no chance at all of overclocking an emachines. Only way you could possibley do it would be to get a hacked bios off the net but they are very hard to find and risky too. I'd forget it till you get a better board to play with. Sorry.

9. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

thanks for the info. Any other suggestions to iprove performance? I defragment and do the drive cleaner weekly. Just built this thing on a budget.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice