1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avengeda7x, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. avengeda7x

avengeda7x Thread Starter

hi

ok when ever i have a go at overclocking my e6600, when i have set the settings in bios and f10 to save and restart, when it boots (before i reach the mobo screen) i get a constant beep. like the one you always get on startup, but this ones constant and i have to shut down my pc and turn it on again, when i get on it the second time it changed the overclock back to stock values :S

whats going wrong hear.?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You're pushing the system too far. You likely need to lower the memory frequency or make sure it doesn't go beyond 800Mhz.

3. avengeda7x

no no no i cant be, surly.?

as the mobo i have has settings in bios that ups the cpu speed by 5/10/15 and 20% and it runs fine on 5% for a week, and went through 20hours of prime 95, just decided to go to 10% today and tied it multiple times but that kept happening :( going back to stock 2.4GHz not eaven the 2.55Ghz at 5%

i dont eaven want to be breaking records or anything, just to reach like 3.0GHZ.

thanks

4. Michael Bennett

Michael Bennett Banned

Power supply?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well I haven't played around with any new ASUS boards, but I wouldn't be surprised if that method of overclocking increases everything by that percentage, and at 10% the memory clock speed would have gone up from 800 to 880Mhz - something only the best RAM can handle. You may need to manually overclock if you want to go higher and increase the memory voltage for the higher speeds.

6. avengeda7x

ahh right

650 W

and does anyone know any stable vcore and fsb settings i could use.?

7. avengeda7x

could i just manually jump straight to 3.0 GHZ.?

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you know the exact model of the Corsair memory? You may need to up the voltage to 2.0 volts or higher depedning on which set you are using.

10. avengeda7x

ahh thanks :)

erm i do... its xms2 DHX 5-5-5-15 and is at 1.85 V with the cpu at = 266.68 x 9 1.39V and fsb = 1066.72

thanks

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It should have a model number like TWIN2X2048-6400C4, which that set requires 2.1 volts, others state 1.9 volts.

See here to confirm: http://www.corsairmemory.com/products/xms2.aspx but for overclocking you likely want to raise it above stock anyway.

12. avengeda7x

when i bought my mobo, it is packed with a application that you can set fsb/voltages etc from your desktop and they take effect when you restart you pc

13. avengeda7x

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does it have the same options as in the BIOS or is it really basic by just working on percentages? If only by percentages then you need to use the more advanced features in the BIOS to get more options.

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Can't find any detailed info on that memory, but I'd be setting it to 2.0 volts. I've seen lots of people needing to do that with Corsair memory and ASUS board to even run at stock.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice