1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overclocking,

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilb, Feb 26, 2010.

?

Whats your oppinion on my overclocking?

1. Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. So-So.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not Worth it...

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. OMG! ClOCK IT BACK TO STOCK BEFORE IT BLOWS UP!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I've been overclocking my computer for the past year, and i have found what i believe is a very stable overclock i don't really belive in overvolting so i didn't overvolt anything.
    I am going to attach a picture of all my, system temperatures and volts and clocks and i just wanted some more oppions on how good this overclock really is and if its even worth it, thanks guys.:)
    By the way i saw that crjdriver made a thread on overclocking so it would be nice to also get his input on this.

Attached Files:

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

OC is fine if you are into it, but it can be bad and it DOES shorten the systems life. I will occassionally OC a system for a week or two, and then drop it back to stock. Benchmarks might say its X or Y much better, but I never notice a difference anymore. Not since you could OC a PIII to P4 speeds have I felt the need.

3. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Hi,
    Yeah i do notice it in games because i use a resolution of 2560x1024 (22.3inch monitor and a 17inch monitor) So there is some extra computer strain over me just running one monitor. i get about the same performance in 1680x1050 stock and at 2560x1024 OC, about 5-12% better with one monitor.
    Thanks for the advice by the way.

4. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

By the way i can see that you wouldn't notice much of a difference overclocked or not if your running a x1300.. (checked your system specs)

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

12% improvement on a 12% OC sounds high... but good if it does what you need/ want!

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I don't really game much, almost not at all anymore. I encode, burn, render and serve from that machine more then game... and compile I guess. CPU and RAM matter much more, HD a bit and GFX next to none other then for the DWM overhead in Vista/ 7 Server 2008 R2.

7. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Oh i see,
    I got a 11653 3dmark 06 score with stock and a 13623 overclocked but as you said i couldn't care less either because its just a benchmark and i do more with my computer than run benchmarks.
    By the way what is your oppinion on Corel Windvd 2010? I just got it and it has HD enhancement and Upscaling, and i noticed my graphics card heats up when i use it to about 48C after a 2hr movie, Seems normal?

8. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Also its not my Max Fps going up its more my minimum and avg. ie crysis stock min/max/avg/ 16/36/82 overclocked 23/41/83.

9. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Never used Corel DVD _____________

10. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

yeah i wouldn't use it either but i built my computer myself so it didnt have any video codex. So i got corel Win DVD 2010 probably should of gotten Nvidia purevideo but too late now haha.

11. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

12. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

13. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Might be good to try for next time

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/906144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice