1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OverClocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CPUMadness, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CPUMadness

CPUMadness Thread Starter

I have a question... sorry for putting up two posts in one week, but I was wondering My processor is a dual core 2.7Ghz AMD Athlon 7750.. and I wana over clock it to 3Ghz.. So what i would do is go to JumpfreeConfig in Bios and change that to 230 Which is 3Ghz or 3.02Ghz er something like that.. What eles would be required to be changed.. I heard voltages or something like that, can someone give some advce on waht would be the correct way to over clock my processor to 3Ghz without getting a blue screen>

2. Jordster

Jordster

I havn't overclocked an AMD before, however the general basics of overclocking are that if you up your CPU clock, you will need to increase the voltage on it and if you increase the RAM speed with it you have to increase the RAM voltage.
    It will take some time to work out the correct clock/voltage with stress testing.

3. CPUMadness

Alright Sounds Good, i just bought a new fan and it's mkaing this thing like 21 Degrees celcius at Idle so im thinking scince its so cool it'll be nice to have it overclocked... Umm for 3ghz What voltage would you use? i heard its like 1.3v

4. Jordster

Jordster

Every setup is different. I recommend going up in .1v increments until you find where it's stable.

5. CPUMadness

Alright what happens if i put too much voltages?

6. Jordster

Jordster

you'll slowly kill it, and it'll make it run hotter than necessary.

7. CPUMadness

Alright thanks Also one more question to Overclock it i go to Bios and i know how to make the Speed higher Essentially how would i increase the voltage by .1?

8. Jordster

Jordster

depends how much you increase it by.
    Going from 2.7 to 3.0 around abouts, you should be okay with .1v increase. Every setup is different though.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/949840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice