1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overclock'n my celeron

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex4, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex4

Alex4 Thread Starter

I want to overclock my Intel celeron 333 MHz processor. the problem is that my motherboard won't let me on the board itself, or in BIOS. can anyone tell me a way around this or a program that will do it? the motherboard is an Intel AL440LX. :confused:

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Are you sure? Usually the old boards like that let you change the multiplier

3. Alex4

Alex4 Thread Starter

i'm pretty darn sure. i am positive there is no switch or jumper on the board. And for some reason it is not in bios

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

There are 3 reasons why you can't overclock your system:

1. Intel-manufactured boards almost never have overclocking features built in, and they only support the standard FSB speeds like 66, 100 and 133MHz
    2. Your motherboard's maximum FSB is 66MHz (as it has an LX chipset, the next chipset after yours, the BX, was the first to support 100MHz), your processor is already running at 66MHz FSB
    3. You can't change the multiplier on a Celeron 333 CPU, it is locked

If you want more speed, I suggest replacing your CPU with a faster Celeron (e.g. 533, make sure it's a PPGA Celeron and not an FC-PGA one). You may need a Slotket (Slot1-Socket370 converter) to get it to fit, these can both be picked up 2nd-hand quite easily, try ebay. A good one to get is the Abit Slotket III.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice