1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheat...Low Voltage??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by k_carcrispix, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_carcrispix

k_carcrispix Thread Starter

This morning my computer began shutting off spontaneously. I check the case and found my power supply chasis boiling hot, and my CPU (Intel P3 1Ghz) reading over 53 degrees in the bios.

I figured my power supply fan was shot, so I bought a new one and installed it. Now the machine won't boot because of a Hardware Monitor error. Inside the Hardware Monitor, the +3.3V Voltage is fluctating between a red 3.18V and normal blue 3.20V. I suppose that's why the computer won't start past the first screen.
    The CPU still seems warm, but it is staying steady at 48 degrees. Is that normal?

If anyone could tell me where my problem lies, whether its with the new power supply, the motherboard, the CPU fan or something else, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

What kind of power supply is the new one?

I'd bring it back to the store and exchange it for another one.
    Antec, Enermax, and Sparkle are the best brands.

3. k_carcrispix

k_carcrispix Thread Starter

It's an OKIA
    350 watt, which I'm told is better than I need.
    But I suppose if it's just not pumping out enough voltage, it's not working right.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice