1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating and CPU overload

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mattm99, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattm99

mattm99 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have an overheating problem with Qosmio F10 including a message saying that I should return the computer for service. Once it overheats, the computer begins to grind to a halt with most programs hogging the CPU so that it reaches and remains at 100%. Well, I did return it for warranty service but they refused to do anything except clean as they could not reproduce the error at the repair centre. The problem, naturally, continued and I sent it back. After taking it in the second time they "replaced the fan" and "fixed the loose cover over the left speaker" but refused to give me any written record of what they had done. The speaker has not been touched (still visibly loose and vibrates) and the cooling problem is, if anything, worse (return for service warning more frequent).

I am hoping that if anyone has gone through the same problem successfully, it may make this less frustrating for me and the Service Centre. I have spent about ten hours on internet ensuring that I have updated BIOS, tv tuner driver etc.etc.etc - I have done everything suggested on this and other sites (despite the number of people who are having a problem with it, the problem does not appear to exist for Intel or Toshiba). I am very security active and I am confident that I do not have any malware contributing to the CPU usage problem.

I am currently in Egypt and the Toshiba Service Centre here is...well.....below standard. Believe me, they need a bit of assistance.

Many thanks in advance. And please note that, if you are able to assist, it will not be the first time. This site deserves a medal for all the times it has provided real assistance to me after a search of posts.(y) (y) (y) (y)

Regards,

M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice