Overheating cpu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Asindis

I’m not the most tech savvy person but I know to keep my computer clean, stay off sketchy sites and don’t download anything without properly researching it. That being said, my cpu is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core and I have water cooling with 4 big fans. My computer ran just fine until this morning and the thing kept shutting down for no reason, not good. So I check my temps and it seems that my cpu is running fine when I’m not doing anything (sitting at around 60c), but the moment I do something even as small as open my settings or my files, it jumps to 80 or 90. And when I try to open anything more than those things, it overheats and shuts down. So I keep it off, air dust it, check connections and start her up again. Same issue. The real problem is that I can’t even do a full file scan with windows defender because it gets too hot and shuts down. The quick scan says nothing is wrong though. Any suggestions?

crjdriver

What exact liquid cooler do you have installed?
Just a simple test; pw ON and enter the bios. Check your cpu temp in the bios. Let it run for a while. If you see it hot and or continuing to climb, windows, virus, malware, whatever have nothing to do with the problem.
If you by chance have a corsair liquid cooler, they [corsair] have gone through about four generations of pump designs [due to failures] The latest one seems to be OK however time will tell.

It would REALLY help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online