Overheating GPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rennoc999

I'm currently experiencing overheating on my gaming rig primarily my GPU, everything else runs fine but its hitting heats of up to 82c during gaming when it never used to. I've tried cleaning the heatsink, applying thermal paste and rolling back my drivers but to no avail. It feels like this came out of no where as well because i imagine if it was just the card degrading it would have occurred slower. I've owned my graphics card for 2 years and a few months.

-Specs-
B450 mortar
Amd ryzen 5 1600x
Gigabyte Gtx 1060 6gb
Windows 10 64bit

You said your GPU ( graphics processor ) was overheating. Yet you said you applied thermal paste, which is normally done on your CPU ( central processing unit ) . Which is it that is overheating?

Rennoc999

You said your GPU ( graphics processor ) was overheating. Yet you said you applied thermal paste, which is normally done on your CPU ( central processing unit ) . Which is it that is overheating?
Yeah I see the confusion with some research I discovered underneath my graphics cards backplate and heat sink there's factory-grade thermal paste on its processor so I unscrewed it and applied fresh paste in the -Graphics Card- which is still overheating. hope that cleared it up, my -Graphics Card- is overheating.

My RX460's Idle at 50C and the fans don't start turning until 59C then it ramps them up, They run about 75% running Ugin Heaven test at 68C. Have you changed any fan profiles with afterburner or something like that?

Rennoc999

My RX460's Idle at 50C and the fans don't start turning until 59C then it ramps them up, They run about 75% running Ugin Heaven test at 68C. Have you changed any fan profiles with afterburner or something like that?
I've recently started upping the fans with afterburner as a temporary solution but this was only after the issue started.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online