Overheating HP Elitebook

rumi

its not hot like an iron that you burn yourself straight away, but it gets hot enough that you cant keep your hand on it for more than 10 seconds. to be honest I use it mostly as a desktop, and even when I take it somewhere else I usually plug it in because the old battery never lasted very long. Also I don’t get on well with the touchpads so like to set up a mouse everywhere if I can. The problem with no battery is that if any cable/power connection issue happens, then you lose what you were doing. The adapter that I have is a reasonably new one, as the old ones connector gradually became loose in the power jack and I would have the sudden blackout situation quite often. I think that wouldn’t be so much of a problem now.

texasbullet

Ramon
You may want to check the CPU to see if it has enough thermal paste and is not dried up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online