1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hell Raiser, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hell Raiser

Hell Raiser Thread Starter

I have a single core 3700+ AMD, I have a big Typhoon fan
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1135&ID=1554
    I have recently moved and since then theres been some big overheating problems.

At my origonal place, my cpu temp could be 30-40c no load, about 50c full load.
    Since ive moved its 60-70c no load 80-90 full load.

I have changed nothing with the computer, its exactly the same. Any ideas?

2. pip22

pip22

Make sure all the fans are actually working and that dust & debris hasn't accumulated inside the PC case.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I would look at possibly removing and reseating the heatsink, it may have moved slightly in your move. If you do so, you will need to clean off all the old thermal compound and reapply new.

Looking at that heatsink (assuming its fairly efficient) you shouldn't be anywhere near those temps. I know AMD CPUs run a bit warmer (or at least the used to) but my Core i5 idles at around 35C on nothing more than the stock cooler.

4. Hell Raiser

I have cleaned it out, its fine, fans moving at full rpm and theres no dust.

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

It's a heavy heatsink. Perhaps it got bumped in the move.

I'd remove it, check to see if the mounting mechanism is okay and then re-seat it with fresh thermal paste.

6. Hell Raiser

Yea that was my first thought, but since im new to town I havnt found a place to get more thermal paste.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice