1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KoreanBBQ, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ Thread Starter

Hi I am an owner of a Thermaltake case. I recently found out the back of my case which has the TT-1245 fan is not spinning. For a month or two, my computer has not been working properly. I was wondering if it has to due with overheating or the back fan not working? My computer seems to be fine for the first hour or two and then it slows down to the extent where I cannot use the computer. I can't seem to find the reason for my computer to slow down. Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what we are attempting to fix. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact cpu installed, exact ram installed, etc, etc. If possible, post links to your parts. Note do not post "500W pw supply" post the exact make and model#

Next post your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

3. KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ Thread Starter

Sorry I apologize. I am not very familiar with computers; therefore, I did not know those type of information are required. I tried my best to get the information you asked; however, I'm not sure if you need any other information.
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): 6gb
    Hard Drive: 1tb
    System Type:64-bit Operating System
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5670
    Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    Motherboard:http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55_WS_Supercomputer/
    Case: Element G Thermaltake http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001440
    Temperatue and Voltage: [​IMG]

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No problem. I checked the support page for your board and probe is available for download. This is purpose built monitoring software. Download and install probe; this will give you temps and voltages.

Note it is under the utilities section for downloads.

5. KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ Thread Starter

I apologize once again. Where am I supposed to go in order to download and install probe? I do not know where the utilities section is.

6. Dougx789

Dougx789

Go to the link you posted for your mother board.
    Click on support.
    Click on Drivers & Tools
    Select your OS from the drop down menu.
    This provides you with a list, click on "Utilities" to expand the available options.
    Scroll down until you find TProb
    Click on "Global" to download.

Extract and install the monitoring software.

Post back with all temperatures and voltages listed.

7. KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ Thread Starter

I extracted the file using a program called 7-Zip; however, I still don't know how to install the software. Would I have to use WinRAR to extract the file?

8. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I think Dougx789 misread the page as he was typing up the instructions for you, easily done :)

Everything is correct on his post but rather than downloading TProb (thats not the software you need), go to the next one in the list called ProbeII. That is Asus PC Probe II which the the temp and voltage monitoring software.

Once downloaded, extract it into a folder using 7-Zip if thats what you prefer. After extracting it you should have a folder called ProbeII_10483, go into that folder and run the Setup.exe to install it.

9. KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ Thread Starter

Thank you Tanis. After I installed ProbeII, these are the results that came up. Is this the information that you need?
    ProbeII: [​IMG]

10. Dougx789

Dougx789

Woops, good catch! Sorry about that.

If that's at idle then its too high.

I would suggest that you get the rear fan of your case working ASAP. Then check the CPU temp after boot (from cold) and after a couple hours of idle. If it's not exceeding about 45c then I would start stress testing it and see what you get under full load. If you continue to get above 50c on idle or above 70c on a heavy load, then you will need to either try cleaning the contact points for your CPU/HS and applying new thermal paste or you will need to buy a better CPU heat sink.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1118047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice