1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Motoxpro, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

Is there a way I can change what the GXF Card and the MOBO over heats at?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, you can install additional case fans to remove the heat from the computer case. Most cases have a provision of mounting 8cm case fans. You mnay also need a better heatsink and fan for the CPU and Video card - especially if the current fans are failing. You can also clean out and dust and tidy up the cables and wires in the case to improve air circulation.

3. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

Thanks! I will try that, is there also a certain temp that I can change in the bios when the comp restarts?

4. Deibs

Deibs

Yup, on my mobo it's in the BIOS (of course) under PC Health Status, there you can change the CPU Warning Temp, CPU Fan Fail Warning, Power Fan Fail Warning and System Fan Fail Warning.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You want to prevent the cause not the result. If you computer overheats it will crash or cease to work.

There is a CPU warning/shutdown setting inthe BIOS, but it should be left on - if its set very low you can raise it to a higher temp. If your system is getting to 65 degrees or better then it needs a better cooling solution.

6. Motoxpro

Motoxpro Thread Starter

I caant find ANY of thoughs settings. I searched the whole bios and I can find anything releated to heat or anything like that.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well, like I've said, its more important to fix the problem rather then hide it.

On a seperate note, you can monitor the temps from Windows if your motherboard supports it.

Downlaod and install Speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/305211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice