1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SlashX1896, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SlashX1896

SlashX1896 Thread Starter

Alright just a couple of days ago i built this new computer. Pretty nice id say.

But it would over heat when i played games, and i downloaded a temp viewer actually like 3 of them, all said i was about avg of 80celsius on my CPU.

So i went and bought a better fan, the Freezer 64 Pro, Since i bought it, my computer has yet to overheat, its a lot cooler.

but the temp viewers are still telling me I'm at 80c. was wondering if anyone would know why?

---------------

On the other hand. i would like to know what people think about my computer Specs.
    1- It Sucks 10 - Its Epic dude!
    GIGABYTE MA790FX4 MotherBoard
    EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GT nvidia Graphics Card
    250 GB hdd.
    4GBs of ddr2 Ram.( Patriot Viper 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail)
    600W Kingwin Mach 1 Power Supply.
    AMD Phenom 9500 Quad core Processor
    Freezer 64 Pro (HeatSink/Cooling Fan) For Processor.
    NZXT Black case with Blue LED lights? idk lol it looks badass. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146025 -- Case

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The temperature "sensors" on the PC are 10 cent uncalibrated components, base accuracy could easily be 10° C either way.

Use them as a "rough guide" only, use a real temperature (calibrated) meter, which will cost about as much as your motherboard, to put things in perspective.

Just because "it's a computer", it will not always be accurate about temperature or voltage readings as you would seem to expect.

3. SlashX1896

understandable , except 70-100c is still to hot... and iknow my computer isnt that hot, cause ive seen a different in performacne since i baught the new heat sink

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Maybe a silly question, but if you are getting reported temps the same as before, how do you know its running cooler? I would tend to trust how much heat you can feel coming out as opposed to temp sensors, these can be miles off at times.

As for the rig, yup, its ok :) Grab another 8800, and watch it fly :)

5. SlashX1896

I think that its actually running is because...,

Before i got it : I would play city of heroes with 3 accounts running and it would overheat in 5-10 mins, and bam it would overheat/restart. Every single time i played it would do that.

After i got it : It has yet to overheat and i can play hours at a time without any problems.
    It feels cooler to.
    What my friend thought is when it overheated it messed up the sensors. Not sure though.

And i might be getting another 8800 soon. once i can afford it. and thx i like it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice