1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeoGraim, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoGraim

NeoGraim Thread Starter

Lately I've been having to put a fan on my computer to do anything without my computer getting really hot. I can't watch a whole media file without it pausing on me for 2 minutes and then screwing up the placement of the file.

If I leave my computer on without a fan, my hard drive and my graphics card feel really hot. I leave the case open and have a fan pointed at it, however it's getting cold and having the fan pointed at the computer is starting to make the room cold.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Maybe it sounds familiar or someone might know what's wrong just by my description. If anyone could help at all that's great, feel free to ask questions. I keep my files cleaned and defragged which helps a little but not enough.

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice