Overheating?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Angry12345

Ok..

So past couple of days my computer started locking up.. again. last time it was due to a fan not working properly and overheating. This time all fans are working.. but not sure if it is overheat or what..

CoreTemp64 has all my cores under 45 degrees with under heavy load 47 degrees one core might get it

When i run speedfan i get a few more sensor readings..

everything under 45 with the exception of

gpus - 2 nvidia 9800 gtx+ cards that are running at about 62 degrees celsius under moderate load

and something called "LM75 Chip" nForce2 SMBus which is also at about 62 degrees. is that the chipset? i have a 780i nvidia chipset on an asus p5n-t deluxe board.

Those temps sound like they are high? could be causing screen freeze? (looks like a screenshot when it freezes)

i have 5 case fans, a small asus fan and a large v1 thermaltake fan with heatsinks inside that are all cooling

crjdriver

First of all, speedfan often returns flaky readings. Check your temps in the bios OR if your board maker has monitoring software, install that and check your temps.

Angry12345

ran CPUID monitor

all the cores and all sensors under 45 degrees celsius

only thing i do see over 42 degrees are the two graphics cards

one is at 62 degrees and the other 60 degrees (turned on comp about 5 minutes ago, but these are similiar values i been getting. for a bit one was running 61 while one was running 57)

I did go back and remove a network card i had in the system that i was not using anymore situated between the two gpus. figure maybe power issue? 800W evga power supply.. or maybe disrupting airflow

Angry12345

since i removed the network card, i have not had time to run my computer to really test it out. only about 10 minutes time. had to get to work.

see what happens in more extended periods

i had a problem similiar to this before when my cpu fan wasnt working right, but all the fans working now, so a bit confused on whats up. i am just guessing overheat cause its EXACTLY like it was before on what it is doing.

800 watt power supply, but who knows, i know you lose power over time and its been a 2 years... maybe its power related so removed the extra network card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online