Overkill w/NIS & Spyblaster?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nettyiam

Betty
I have NIS installed on my puter. Have installed Spyblaster.
Am I overdoing it? Does Spyblaster slow down my puter like NIS?

Also have Spybot but haven't gotten any updates for some time.
Can I get rid of CWShredder or should I hang on to it? It too doesn't seem to have updates.

Thanks

spyware blaster DOES NOT run in the backgroung
so no it will not slow your system down
as does NIS

CWShredder is updated every few days
get the latest version on my site

and every few days i run
CWShredder
x-cleaner
spybot &
ad-aware

i update spywareblaster every week
and spywareblaster 3.0 was just released also on my site
i also install a blocklist
and several other spyware tools & none run all the time like NIS

You should keep SpywareBlaster. It will not slow down your computer at all.

It's up to you to keep CWShredder or not. If you need it again you can download it again. BTW it does have updates. It's just been a while since it was updated. You should't need it again if your security is tight.

OverKill! LOL. Here's what I have running on my machine:

SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard
Adwatch
Norton
Tds-3 (Anti-Trojan)
ProcessGuard
Zone Alarm Pro

I may add more soon! :D

I think AdWatch is the real time scanner component which comes as part of AdAware Plus or Pro. It monitors Registry install attempts and can, I think, stop unwanted cookies etc. rather than just remove them afterwards like the free version does.

I have AA Plus but don't use AdWatch as I have other real time programs doing similar things and have to watch my resources because this is a very old, slow computer.

TOGG is right Adwatch comes with the pro or Plus versions of Adaware (paid versions). It monitors the registry and warns you when a program attempts to make changes to the registry.

I have a small freeware program called Startup Monitor from here;
http://www.mlin.net/ plus my anti trojan, which also monitors the Registry, so I thought a third tool was a bit over the top even though I paid for AA Plus!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online