1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overlay software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dragonlight, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonlight

dragonlight Thread Starter

I have an older acer machine, I am trying to put in a 20gig hard drive, I loaded windows, and it only reads like 8gigs. it's a maxtor hard drive, I have been trying to install overlay software that came with the hard drive on the powermax cd, I can't get it to work. Anyone have any really good directions on how to make this old acer computer read the new drive?
    Thank you.

2. mobo

mobo

3. dragonlight

dragonlight Thread Starter

I have watched the video, and run the software, but the computer is not taking the software. I do what the video says,,, but it's not working.

4. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Can you give us the type/model acer ?

Enter the BIOS , usually pressing del , F1 or F10 at the point the power on logo is displayed.
    Holding down a key while turning it on will often do the trick to.
    Look for hard disk setup & maybe an option to auto detect hard disk drives , what does it mention about the installed hard disks ?

If its a really old BIOS version it might not detect the right hard disk settings (heads , sectors etc).
    A BIOS update can solve your problem but to help you further we need to know the type/model so we can look up a newer BIOS version for ya.

Good luck.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Powermax cd huh? That means you are trying to use the newer program. I think you'll have to find the older version. It used to be available somewhere on the net for free, but I can email it to you.

It's called MaxBlast.

6. mobo

mobo

7. ~Candy~

Hi mobo, I 'think' that still may be too new. I had to revert to 97 and 98 versions to get some older systems happy ;)

MaxBlast E-Z Max, or MaxBlast Plus ;)

8. mobo

mobo

9. ~Candy~

Nice find ;)

10. mobo

mobo

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice