1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'overlength date field' in bounced email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tiggertwo, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiggertwo

Tiggertwo Thread Starter

I have tried sending a message to a friend who, up until now has had no problem receiving. The message I am sending has no attachments. But this message has come back several times with the message:

This message has been rejected because it has
    an overlength date field which can be used
    to subvert Microsoft mail programs
    The following URL has further information
    http://www.securityfocus.com/frames/?content=/templates/article.html?id=61

but when I go to that hyperlink it is a page saying that the item 'might' have been removed.

Incidentally I have an uo to date virus checker running and have been able to send and receive emails to others since the first bounce of this email

Questions:
    1. Is this a genuine response or some sort of problem at receivers end?
    2. If genuine can someone explain what I might need to do, if anything can be done, at my end to get the message through. I have already tried maing the subject line smaller but that made no difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!