1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

overlocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by super92, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. super92

super92 Thread Starter

i have new ram which is 1.5v ddr3 and replaced the old ones which was 1.8v ddr2
    now i get a bios msg overlocking failed
    F1 to change setup (i dunno what to change there)
    F2 to go to defaults

if i press f2 everything goes normal (i think). i would write here but the thing is that every second time i start the pc nothing happens , no beep, just blackness. so i have to hold the shutdown button for 4s to shut down and start again
    it happens exactly every second time

i read somewhere that you have to somehow change your voltage if ram requires a different amount, right ?
    my mb supports the ram and i checked through memtest86, it passed all stages
    processor intel core 2 duo cpu e6750 2.66ghz 2.66 ghz

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The board should automatically detect that you have switched from DDR2 to DDR3 and use the default DDR3 voltage.

What motherboard do you have and what is the exact model of the new RAM you bought?

3. super92

super92 Thread Starter

4. super92

super92 Thread Starter

now my pc does not boot up with ddr3 ><

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There should be more specific model number, see here: http://www.corsair.com/products/xms3/default.aspx
    How are you sure that its compatible? Simply being 1333Mhz DDR3 doesn't mean its compatible.

Clear the CMOS using the CLEAR CMOS jumper located on the motherboard with the DDR3 installed, then try to boot.

6. super92

super92 Thread Starter

TW3X4G1333C9A PC3-10666 4GB Kit 9-9-9-24 240pin DIMM
    where can i find that switch ?

P.S. bios version 1203

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You'd have to refer to the motherboard manual, which should be available to download from Asus if you do not have a paper copy.

8. super92

super92 Thread Starter

ok , basically now if i want to run my pc with this ddr3 ram i have to clear cmos every time. and as before , i get two beeps and overlocking failed
    F1 manual bios setup
    F2 default bios
    only with F2 i can get to desktop "once" because if i restart, pc does not boot up
    is there anything i should change in the bios with F1 option ?

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure that the memory settings match those of the memory specs. Or exchange or return the RAM.

10. super92

super92 Thread Starter

im gonna exchange
    any suggestions of what to get then ? cuz i was 99% sure these ones will work fine

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may just want to stick with DDR2. Check the Asus site from recommended modules. Or look for modules that the manufacturer says will work, most have sites you can check compatibility - sometimes even being on the list like yours are, they still don't work quite right.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice