1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Override on screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bronyaur, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronyaur

bronyaur Thread Starter

I really hope someone can help me here. I have a computer which when powered up constantly shows "override" on the screen and will not boot up.

I used to be able to unplug the power cables and then reseat them and this seemed to work but now it doesn't resolve the problem.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what I can do to remedy the situation.

Thanx in advance.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    This means that the monitor is generally not getting an input from the computer or there's a problem with the monitor. Check all the connections between the computer and monitor, try another monitor if possible.

Also note if the computer beeps, and if so what pattern. You should also open up the computer case and make sure that the video card is seated correctly as is the RAM. reseat both to make sure the connection is good. However, if a part in the computer has failed, you'll need to swap parts to determine which component it is.

3. bronyaur

bronyaur Thread Starter

Triple6, thanx for the info!

I'll try this and let you know how it goes.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanx again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice