1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Overseas project

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Warning|, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warning|

Warning| Thread Starter

An old boss of mine asked me to work on a project for him and i am open to suggestions of some things you might recommend.

below are the specs of the project:

he is opening up a business over seas and he wants to be able to monitor it from here in the US. Some of the things he must have are the following:

in simple terms.
    *8 Cameras with live feed and recording available.
    *POS system which he can also monitor remotely.

My thoughts on this project.

Im thinking 4 Computer systems:

*1 POS server
    *1 Camera Server
    *2 POS System

They have your basic DSL connection out there.

what are my options as far as being able to access everything remotely 24/7. with little downtime if any.

what do you guys recommend as far as cameras and monitoring software as well as remote access software.?

Im open for suggestions and comments

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I would definitely upgrade the DSL line to something faster if you can get it. Monitoring web cameras over the Internet is going to take alot of upload Bandwidth at the store. If he wants 24/7 remote access with little down time the he needs to find a provider that will guarantee that within the service contract. That is going to cost extra money to get a better Internet connection with guaranteed minimal downtime.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/804133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice