1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Own Build, Brand New Components, No Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dimalvel, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimalvel

dimalvel Thread Starter

Hello.
    Before anything the following are the hardware installed

MB: Gigabyte z370p d3
    CPU: i5 8600k
    GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6gb
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz
    SSD: WD 240gb
    HDD: WD 1TB
    PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS 600W.

So basically I installed everything according to the manuals/guides etc. All the cablework is correct, no screws are touching the mb, I have reset the bios by taking out the lithium battery, and right now the motherboard has installed just the cpu and one ram, nothing else. yet the problem remains, everything powers up but there is no display. The MB has just one hdmi out. This thread is my last resort before paying a technician which I wouldn't want to do in a million years. Thank you

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.
    Next
    Since you list a real video card, are you sure you connected the monitor to the video card and not the onboard port? Onboard ports are disabled when you install a real video card.

The cpu you listed is supported from bios F4 on. If you have an earlier bios, the 8600k is not supported. Here is a link to the cpu support;
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370P-D3-rev-10#support-cpu

Common errors for new builders;
    1 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
    2 4/8/12 pin aux pw connector not plugged in
    3 Incorrect install of cooler or heatsink fan. This is more an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are just about idiot proof
    4 Ram chips not fully seated
    5 Incompatible parts ie cpu not supported, ram not supported, etc

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice