1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Owner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AAAPCLUB, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

Hi Their People ,
    I have a pent 4 with windows xp my computer keeps crashing before it crashes it says.
    The 1740 D N TS display driver has stoped working notmanly
    Save your work and re boot system to restore fully display functionality ,the computer wont do this but when turned off at power point for several hours it will start up but then crashes as above again I have checked the monitor all ok I also put another vidio card in went ok for a while then crashed again.
    What is a pc1 card used for .
    This computer has gone through several vidio cards and is only 4 years old
    Regards
    Angie xxxxx

2. jamesh2923

jamesh2923

Sounds like an overheating video card. Make sure that all the computers fans are working.
    Check that any cabling is not blocking air flow through the case. Also check that the power supply fan is running.
    If the video card does not have fan purchase an add on fan.

3. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

:Hi thanks for the reply ,
    I think it may be a vidio card to but its a big gamble hear in Aussie good ones are $100
    I did take one from another computer I had it worked ok for a while I am thinking it may also be the site on the mother board whare it plugs into bad conection could you tell me what a pc1 card is .
    Regards
    Angie xxx

4. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

do you mean PCI card? if so a PCI card is any card that plugs into a PCI slot. and a PCI slot allows numerous different types of expansion cards to be connected inside a computer to extend the computers functionality. Examples of PCI expansion cards are network cards, graphics cards and sound cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/473884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice