1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

oxc 0000034 error

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by raendc, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

I can not get off the blue screen - pc shuts down after about a minute. I have USB and cd rec discs, and have changed boot sequence to cd/dvd first - however I can not boot from cd or usb. I am stuck ...HELP please

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

3. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

Thanks I had tried all those things except the F9..that did not work either....

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

It would be helpful if we had some more info about your system. Normally we would ask you to run the TSG SysInfo Tool, but as you cannot start your system that is not an option. You will have to try and provide as much info as you can. If you don't know the info then perhaps you could refer to the invoice when you purchased the PC and provide any technical details that may have been included on the invoice. The type of info that is helpful is the following: -

PC Manufacturer
    PC Model
    CPU Make and Model
    RAM in GB's
    HDD Make and Model
    Operating System version and when last updated
    Antivirus Manufacturer and version (free, home, full.... )

T.

5. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

Acer Aspire ZS600G All In One
    UW30 W8ML64A/CI3-3220/6G/1TB
    8.1 auto update on
    Norton Internet Security (Full)

6. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

Looks like I just lost my entire pc due to Windows 8.1. I contacted them and they said for $149 they could provide more info on recovering my pc. After reading all over the internet about this issue being pretty common with windows 8.1 I am so disgusted with them for not fixing my problem without charging me more. I will just go buy a new pc without win 8 or 8.1 :(:mad:

7. Tabvla

Tabvla

I think that you are making a very poorly judged decision.

Computers frustrate us all at times.... but I can assure you that W8.1 is by far the most stable, bug-free, secure version of Windows ever produced by Redmond. And I have been using Windows since W95.

In your last post you wrote... "...I contacted them and they said for $149 they could provide more info on recovering my pc....."

Who are "them"..? And what is the $149 charge for..?

And when it comes to Operating Systems, you really only have 3 choice - Windows, OS X (Apple) or one of the many flavours of Linux. Is that really the route that you want to take..?

Its your money and your decision, but it is usually unwise to make emotional decisions about technology.

T.

8. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

I know - I am just so ticked off!! Partly because they almost have a monopoly - I won't pay for the Apple name (plus some of my programs will not run on Apple) - I know nothing about Linux so I am stuck with Microsoft Windows. I have 8.1 on my laptop - no problems - so naturally the one that has the issue is the one I do all my designing of items I sell online - hard for me to do on a laptop screen!!!
    I had a chat with a Microsoft tech online and he finally said (after walking me thru everything I had already found on the forums) that for $149 he could fix the issue! Pitiful!!
    Anyway I am stuck with my problem and work awaits as I keep surfing and trying everything I can find...

9. Tabvla

Tabvla

Are you sure that it was a Microsoft Tech that you spoke to.....:confused:

That sounds very odd to me. Perhaps one of my learned and better-informed colleagues on this Forum can provide some insight as to how you got to speak to an MS tech and then that person offered to fix the problem for a fixed amount. Something does not seem quite right here.

T.

10. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

So I just went to the microsoft website and once again opened a chat with the answer desk...copied from chat:
    We can help you fix the problem with your Windows 8.1. But just to set your expectations, Microsoft Answer Desk is a paid support service. We provide technical assistance with a certain fee. We have 2 support options available for you.
    First is our Assure Plan which gives you 1 year of technical support from Microsoft for $149. Our services include Premium Software Support for Windows and Office, Advance PC Tune-up, Virus Removal and Protection, and other software related issues for ONE FULL YEAR of UNLIMITED technical support.
    We also have our Premium Software Support which is a per incident service for $99 only. This service is valid for 30 days. If the issue happens again within 30 days, we will redo the service for free.

Here is the url /answerdesk.support.microsoft.com

11. Tabvla

Tabvla

Ah.... that explains it.... MS Answer Desk...(y)

Apologies for doubting the validity of the MS Tech, but there are so many scams out there that one has to be just a little paranoid about so-called online support. MS Answer Desk is OK and $149 for 12 months unlimited support is probably the best support deal currently available - and remember that the techs are all MS-trained and validated, which is a lot better than many other support options.

Returning to your problem. I am a little surprised that you cannot Boot from the USB Emergency Boot Disk. The error code that you have reported is typical of a corrupted boot sequence - that is one of the files in the boot instruction set has become unusable. The USB Emergency Boot Disk contains all the files necessary to Boot and therefore you should at least be able to start the computer and then fix the corrupted file.

If you were able to start the computer from the USB Emergency Boot Disk then I could help you, but if you cannot even start then it is difficult to know how to proceed. And I am not even certain that the MS Answer Desk could help.

Question : Did you test the USB Emergency Boot Disk BEFORE you had this problem....?

T.

12. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

I did not test - but I downloaded from the Microsoft website to both USB and cd...neither worked after changing boot sequence in BIOS ..

13. Tabvla

Tabvla

Now I am confused...:confused:

The USB Emergency Boot Disk is one that you create yourself - you don't download it from Microsoft or anywhere else - it is a User-created entity.

So..... perhaps we are referring to different things..?? You will need to clarify for me what your understanding of a USB Emergency Boot Disk is.

T.

14. raendc

raendc Thread Starter

sorry I should have been more clear. I could not find my created back up disks...so I downloaded the USB media from microsoft website and also the win 8 back up from microsoft to cd...but I can not boot from either. I did also change the boot sequence.

15. Tabvla

Tabvla

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!