1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P C Booster

Discussion in 'General Security' started by pookiedoo, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pookiedoo

pookiedoo Thread Starter

There are so many pc boosters out there, can some one recomend one before I buy one. I saw PC Matic on tv. Is it any good?

thanks

Marsha

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

This is not the right section of the forum to be asking that question.

However, you should avoid Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... This type of software will do a lot more harm than good, and should only be used by advanced users who really know their way around the registry. Never to be used blindly on "Auto" mode. Most members coming here with WEIRD symptoms had their computer messed up by malware and/or registry cleaners. These utilities do not only remove what "they think" are orphan entries in the registry but legitimate files still in use will be deleted in the process, crippling some programs and Windows applications beyond repair.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows install! In itself, this should be enough to convince non-believers...

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

Do I Need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

3. pookiedoo

pookiedoo Thread Starter

well excuse me, what section of the forum should I be using

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You've already been moved.

5. ChumCaster

ChumCaster Banned

No, it isn't any good. All of these PC Optimizer type of utilities you find advertised on TV and online, are just scams. They are just legal "scareware" and will always find problems that need to be "fixed". The "free" ones usually just perform a diagnosis, then want to charge you for fixing non-existent problems. The software that wants to do the fixes for free, is virtually certain to contain malware. Just say no.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice