1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P.George

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by p.george, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. p.george

p.george Thread Starter

I still haven't found a solution for my problem. So now, let me explain in further detail the nature of the problem. On my comp (win XP-Home) i connect to the internet thru a dial-up. It's either a telephone line or thru my mobile (GPRS). Whenever i open IE or OE after connecting, within a few seconds a blank web page appears. Now it is 'pegassusstudios.com'. Some time back it was 'dickmagazine.com'. If i do not stop this or close the window immediately, i get a prompt 'instal slotch bar' ?. Of course. i select 'no'. Later i do not a problem until i disconnect and connect again.

With a tel dial up, this annoying pop up does not affect the speed of connection. With the mobile however, the pop up stops the connection and i am unable to continue. I have to reconnect using the dial-up connection with the pop-up again appearing.

I have tried spyware, spybot, adaware. Nothing worked. Please help ||||||

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Download a tool called "Hijack This from Here save it to a folder of its own <--- This is important for saving of backups.

Run "Hijack This" but don't fix anything it finds just yet, as a lot of it will be required for your system to function properly.

Click on save log and copy and paste the full contents of the log in here.

Someone will read your log and help you out.

3. p.george

p.george Thread Starter

4. p.george

p.george Thread Starter

The contents of the log are as in the attachments

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice